#banner-ads { margin: 0px; padding: 5px; text-align: center; } #banner-ads img { margin: 0px 4px 4px 0px; padding: 3px; text-align: center; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; } #banner-ads img:hover { margin: 0px 4px 4px 0px; padding: 3px; text-align: center; border: 1px solid #333; }

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

House of bottle

What's the first thing you ask after you decide to visit an architect house? That's right, the design. And almost every time, you'll stumble upon the usual three question: are they modern, what kind style of architecture they use, and how's the interior. Guess what? You will find any of them here and absolutely with the recycle obsession as the eccentric green house in town.
 





From far you can't see there's something strange about this house. They look tropical modern, medium and well designed. But if you get closer, you can see the entire wall is actually made from the thousand of drink bottles create as the facade case. I just wondering, how they do that? and where did Ridwan Kamil, the owner known as the architect, found this crazy ideas? My biggest question only one, are they safe?




Unfortunately Ridwan wasn't there when I visited his house, even there so many questions I want to ask but I guess I have to keep it for my self for while. Her wife Atalia, who hosting me that day toghether with her daughter Zara, showed me inside the house. Same thing with his creativity at outside, the living room area and the courtyard add tenderness to the house with a extra kick of unique reception area. Subtle line with grand circular lamp at the stair, but it makes the difference.
  







I had one of my most memorable moment among my many house review adventures. The kitchen and dining room area was the heart in very houses. As a reviewer who likes it cozy and casual, it is a rare occasion that I don't arguing when I see their dining and kitchen room. The formal and architectural flavor was all there. The long white modern of kitchen cabinet was well seasoned with modern wood dining table set. Designed just at the right medium size, with big void to the master bed room, resulting in one appetizing fleshly family and entertaining pleasure.





On a side note, I also find the kids window pool quite lovely. It's like a cross-ventilation between straight family room and the small pool. You still can watch the kids swimming while you watching TV and the window size is just a notch shorter than usual. With the see trough of glass window, it was one relaxing of fun activity at the house.






Tell you what, when you stayed here, it won't be just a house. In my case it transformed into an enticing conversation with the design it self. Being a architect and a designer himself, his house design welcomed both me and my photographer taking photos of the house. I even stood on how he think  house should be enetertaining not only for the guest but also for his family and kids. Such a cool dad.


If you like this house, speak to me at twitter @styledecor1


--


Photography by Insan Kurniawan
Stylist assistant; Andrea Sharon
Special thanks to Ridwan Kamil & Atalia
House design by Urbane
www.urbane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment